[CRIU] Dumping a 32-bit process on aarch64 kernel

Dmitry Safonov 0x7f454c46 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 20:37:32 MSK 2017

> On Tue, Dec 05, 2017 at 07:42:46AM -0500, Rayson Ho wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is dumping of 32-bit processes supported on the aarch64 kernel (64-bit
>> ARM)? It does not work for me, and I am looking at the failure...
>

> Hi,
>
> We don't support 32-bit processes on aarch64 right now. I think Dima can tell
> more details about this.

Yes, the 32-bit on aarch64 are not supported ATM.
It needs a few kernel patches for vdso at least, at most - compatible
application
on aarch64 have not only different instruction set, AFAIR, but also different
exception levels.
So, I think there would be some amount of work to-do in the kernel, it
looks like
more than weekend patching.

If you're interested, you may continue this thread and we will try to help you
at least with answers and code-review.

--
             Dmitry