[CRIU] criu check --extra output and dump failure

Brinkmann, Harald Harald.Brinkmann at bst-international.com
Tue Apr 11 01:56:51 PDT 2017

Hi Dmitry,

On Mon, 2017-04-10 at 17:07 +0300, Dmitry Safonov wrote:

> >> Ok, try 2.11, please.
> >
> > Hi Harald,
> >
> > Have you managed your problems with CRIU on ARM32?
> > Because I just tried it on RPI2 board with 4.11.0-rc5 kernel
> > and it works. Yes, there are some problems with tests, etc,
> > but simple setsid loop C/R normally, as many tests.
> >
> > Please, if you still have problems, provide info about your
> > environment: gcc, ld versions, as this looks to depend on it.
> >
> > Will you be able to recompile criu and run some commands?
>
> More info about my env, JFI:
>
> [criu]# gcc --version
> gcc (GCC) 6.3.1 20170306
> [criu]# ld --version
> GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.28.0.20170322
> This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
> the GNU General Public License version 3 or (at your option) a later version.
> This program has absolutely no warranty.
>
> I've checked criu-dev, master and v2.12.1 tag.

I have been away for a couple of days, so I didn't yet have a chance to
do further tests.

I am on a custom imx6q-based board. We do full cross-compilation from an
x86-based Linux system. Our versions are quite old compared to yours:

> platform-imx6/selected_toolchain/arm-v7a-linux-gnueabihf-gcc --version
arm-v7a-linux-gnueabihf-gcc (OSELAS.Toolchain-2014.12.2) 4.9.2

> platform-imx6/selected_toolchain/arm-v7a-linux-gnueabihf-ld --version
GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.24
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License version 3 or (at your option) a later version.
This program has absolutely no warranty.

Yes, I can recompile everything and run some commands you tell me to.

I had to convert the build process to the framework we use. Maybe
something went wrong there? Is there anything in particular that I need
to look out for? Also I don't do the 'make install', because I didn't
want to add asciidoc and xmlto dependencies on the host just for the
sake of the documentation.

Harald

--

BST eltromat International GmbH
Werk Leopoldshöhe

T:      +49 (5208) 987-513

E:      harald.brinkmann at bst-international.com
W:      http://www.bst-eltromat.com

Amtsgericht Bielefeld, HRB Nr. 30830
Geschäftsführer Kristian Jünke, Dr. Johann-Carsten Kipp, Dr. Gunter
Tautorus
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bielefeld
Vertrauliche E-Mail von BST eltromat International GmbH