[CRIU] implementing some kind of --leave-frozen option for c/r in CRIU

Batalov Eugene eabatalov89 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 09:42:11 PDT 2016

Tycho, there is another way to leave container paused after dump.

recently we've sent patch that allows to send sigstop to all the processes
in the ps tree.
It adds --leave-stopped flag.
See it here.
https://github.com/eabatalov/criu-dump-validator/commits/restore-leave-stopeed-criu-dev
The patchset review is pending.
This is implemented mostly in one line. The second patch it for test.
Also this solution has drawback when used with shell jobs. See the first
patch in the series.

The only problem is how to continue container? There is a script for this:
https://github.com/xemul/criu-scripts/blob/master/pstree_cont.py

--
Best regards,
Eugene Batalov.