[CRIU] implementing some kind of --leave-frozen option for c/r in CRIU

Tycho Andersen tycho.andersen at canonical.com
Mon May 16 08:05:07 PDT 2016

Hi Pavel,

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 03:31:57PM +0300, Pavel Emelyanov wrote:

> There was a patch 8b04551c (restore: restore freezer cgroup state) in 2.0
> that turned cgroup into whatever state it was before dump. Can it be fixed
> to make '--leave-frozen' alter the behavior of add_freezer_state_for_restore()
> and set it to 'frozen' always?

It looks like hooking add_freezer_state_for_restore() would be for
leaving the tasks as frozen on restore, but what I'm interested in is
leaving them frozen on dump; my original patch in the thread is a
slight hack for this, but it will work on dump whereas hooking
add_freezer_state_for_restore won't.

Tycho