[CRIU] failing to build in launchpad upload environment

Cyrill Gorcunov gorcunov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 06:51:55 PDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 08:45:47AM -0600, Tycho Andersen wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> CRIU is failing to build in our launchpad upload environment:
>
> https://launchpadlibrarian.net/268362103/buildlog_ubuntu-yakkety-amd64.criu_2.2-1_BUILDING.txt.gz
>
> We applied this patch for to debian/rules (and our most recent upload
> to yakkety):
>
> override_dh_auto_build:
> 	# CRIU doesn't talk to the linker through gcc
> 	LDFLAGS=-Bsymbolic-functions dh_auto_build
>
> and it built fine. I noticed the latest debian upload has a changelog entry
> that drops something that sounds suspiciously similar:
>
>   * Drop build-Don-t-pass-wrap-on-every-linking-file-only-for.patch
>
> but I'm not sure why it would build in debian then and not in ubuntu.
>
> Any ideas on what the best fix of this is so we can keep debian and ubuntu in
> sync?

Hi Tycho, I somehow missing -- the build system passes additional LDFLAGS?
It seems so from your log (which happens when we build library and final criu
executable -- gcc called and it executes ld underneath). So I would simply

LDFLAGS=$(filter-out -Bsymbolic-functions, $(LDFLAGS))

in your script. Or you really need it? Or maybe I miss something obvious?