[CRIU] failing to build in launchpad upload environment

Tycho Andersen tycho.andersen at canonical.com
Tue Jun 28 07:45:47 PDT 2016

Hi guys,

CRIU is failing to build in our launchpad upload environment:

https://launchpadlibrarian.net/268362103/buildlog_ubuntu-yakkety-amd64.criu_2.2-1_BUILDING.txt.gz

We applied this patch for to debian/rules (and our most recent upload
to yakkety):

override_dh_auto_build:
	# CRIU doesn't talk to the linker through gcc
	LDFLAGS=-Bsymbolic-functions dh_auto_build

and it built fine. I noticed the latest debian upload has a changelog entry
that drops something that sounds suspiciously similar:

  * Drop build-Don-t-pass-wrap-on-every-linking-file-only-for.patch

but I'm not sure why it would build in debian then and not in ubuntu.

Any ideas on what the best fix of this is so we can keep debian and ubuntu in
sync?

Thanks,

Tycho