[CRIU] Criu on Raspberry pi 2

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at virtuozzo.com
Wed Apr 27 05:15:50 PDT 2016

On 04/27/2016 01:09 PM, alex vk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just tried the patch https://lists.openvz.org/pipermail/criu/2016-April/027743.html and it works perfectly, thanks a lot for your help :)
> (Criu-dev version + patch criu/pie/Makefile, and Kernel 3.18 from https://github.com/avagin/linux-rpi-criu.git.)
>
> Does that mean that Criu will not be able to work on the Raspberry pi 2 with a kernel upper than 3.18 ?
> (as criu will not support vdso dumping for arm ?)

Unfortunately we don't have experts in ARM actively hacking on CRIU.
Christopher is helping a lot, so is Dmitry (although his main area
in CRIU is x86), but still ARM is not maintained as good as x86 is.
So whether or not CRIU will support any particular feature on ARM is
something we'd love to have more certainty about.