[CRIU] Criu on Raspberry pi 2

Dmitry Safonov dsafonov at virtuozzo.com
Wed Apr 27 03:53:35 PDT 2016

On 04/27/2016 01:09 PM, alex vk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just tried the patch
> https://lists.openvz.org/pipermail/criu/2016-April/027743.html and it works
> perfectly, thanks a lot for your help :)

Hello Alex,
thanks for testing.

> (Criu-dev version + patch criu/pie/Makefile, and Kernel 3.18 from
> https://github.com/avagin/linux-rpi-criu.git.)

That seems nothing prevents you to use v3.18 from
raspberry official github (if you want to).
At least, I gave it a shot with this kernel and it has worked:
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/tree/rpi-3.18.y

> Does that mean that Criu will not be able to work on the Raspberry pi 2
> with a kernel upper than 3.18 ?
> (as criu will not support vdso dumping for arm ?)

I'm not sure if anyone has a plan for that.
Maybe Christopher has or could help you.
Anyway, I may have it in my todo list, but it's quite full of items,
so I can't say anything about the date.

You may also want to open the new feature ticket there:
https://github.com/xemul/criu/issues

--
Regards,
Dmitry Safonov