[CRIU] Migrating particular TCP Connection using CRIU tools

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Mon Sep 28 04:50:44 PDT 2015

On 09/26/2015 06:41 PM, Hany Assasa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to migrate a single and particular TCP connection inside a running process
> in one machine to another machine using CRIU tools in Linux?

No, CRIU currently only works on whole processes, we don't have APIs to extract
individual pieces from it.

> What I want is to dump a particular TCP Connection information in a memory and transfer this
> information to a peer machine. Inside this machine, I will use the dumped information to
> recreate the the migrated TCP connection. Does anyone have an example about this?

Well, the sk-tcp.c file contains all the needed code :) But it requires some
surroundings to work. It possible to pull this code as a library (libcriutcp?),
so if someone takes this task, I will be glad to help explaining how this
should work and reviewing the patches ;)