[CRIU] CRIU aarch64 BUG

Christopher Covington cov at codeaurora.org
Mon Nov 30 08:09:25 PST 2015

On 11/30/2015 03:31 AM, Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
> Hi, Christopher.
>
> We have an CRIU issue on Aarch64, if you have time, would you please
> suggest something?
>
> https://github.com/xemul/criu/issues/90

I'm happy to provide what assistance I can on the mailing list, but I'm
afraid I'm not currently authorized to post to Github.

There is a known issue with kernel side support for VDSO
remapping/unmapping that can lead to segfaults. When I tried to
reproduce the issue by running the simple loop test on an unpatched
kernel, the segfault happened at a different place in the output, but
I'm not sure how deterministic the ordering is. Based on Laurent's PPC
patch from a while back, I recently sent the following fix (but forgot
to copy the CRIU list):

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/7698911/

If that's not the issue, some information that might help in debugging
is the output of the following commands.

criu --version
uname -a
getconf PAGE_SIZE

Hope that helps,
Christopher Covington

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,