[CRIU] Difference between two snapshots generated by CRIU

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Tue Feb 10 05:19:05 PST 2015

On 02/10/2015 03:45 PM, Thouraya TH wrote:

> Could you please explain me some of these lines ? What are the main changes from one snapshot to another ?

CRIU generates a lot of image files, meaning of each of them is described here:
http://criu.org/Images (it can be slightly out-dated, but we try to update this
page when we add new image types).

The meaning of individual fields in those files is not described anywhere but the
code itself :) You can refer to any low-level Linux programming manual, even for
man pages, for details what individual Linux subsystems do, and after this in 99%
of the fields their meaning would be seen from its name.

What are you trying to achieve with this comparison?

> Thanks a lot for help.
> Bests.

Thanks,
Pavel