[CRIU] CRIU with Docker

Ross Boucher rboucher at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 07:29:54 PST 2015

There's not really a guide available at this point. Very roughly, here's
what you need to do:

Install criu somewhere in your PATH, and install libprotobuf (though I
don't know exactly where it needs to go)?

In one terminal, start the docker daemon with something like:
> docker-1.9.0-dev -dD

in another terminal, you can now run a container, e.g.
> docker-1.9.0-dev run -d --name test-container busybox:latest /bin/sh -c
'i=0; while true; do echo $i; i=$(expr $i + 1); sleep 3; done'

now, you can checkpoint and restore:
>  docker-1.9.0-dev checkpoint test-container
>  docker-1.9.0-dev restore test-container

(feel free to rename it "docker" instead of docker-1.9.0-dev)