[CRIU] [RFC] Future CRIU releases

Andrew Vagin avagin at virtuozzo.com
Sun Dec 20 23:33:33 PST 2015

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 03:23:32PM +0300, Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've been playing the time-driven releases model for the past
> year and, at some sense, succeeded. However, it seems like the
> strict dates that were chosen were not 100% comfortable for all
> the parties.
>
> Also there sometimes appeared the need to have some "quite new"
> functionality early (or -- during the one week feature freeze
> period) and waiting till the next release was also not nice.
>
> So this e-mail is a call for comments -- shall we continue the
> once-a-season releases as we do now, should we slightly fix it
> (e.g. by formalizing the -stable branches) or should we change
> it completely?

I think the date should not be completely fixed. You know the last
version was released with known bugs when patches for thses bugs had been
sent.

I think we will create a stable repo for OpenVZ (Virtuozzo), because
it has own release cycle. Virtuozzo QA found a lot of bugs for last
mounths and we want to get fixes them as soon as possiable.

And the main reason to have a separate report is that
sometimes we can't wait for a few mounth to get features.