[CRIU] [RFC] Future CRIU releases

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Thu Dec 17 04:23:32 PST 2015

Hi,

We've been playing the time-driven releases model for the past
year and, at some sense, succeeded. However, it seems like the
strict dates that were chosen were not 100% comfortable for all
the parties.

Also there sometimes appeared the need to have some "quite new"
functionality early (or -- during the one week feature freeze
period) and waiting till the next release was also not nice.

So this e-mail is a call for comments -- shall we continue the
once-a-season releases as we do now, should we slightly fix it
(e.g. by formalizing the -stable branches) or should we change
it completely?