[CRIU] Live migration of LXC containers using Criu?

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Tue Apr 28 01:15:33 PDT 2015

On 04/27/2015 10:43 PM, Divjyot sethi wrote:
> Hey Pavel,
> I have been trying to setup OpenVZ on fedora 20 as you had advised for the past few days. I
> was able to create a container and start it. However, I am unable to enter the container
> (gives error: /Directory /proc/vz not found, assuming non-OpenVZ kernel
> enter into CT 1002 failed
> Unable to open pty: No such file or directory/).

Yes, entering for Fedora kernel doesn't work. You can ssh into container instead,
the [1] article describes how to setup networking for container to make it
migrate-able.

[1] https://github.com/xemul/p.haul/wiki/Configuring-network-for-OpenVZ-container

> I tried the instructions on /http://wiki.openvz.org/Container_enter_failed/, and,
> /https://openvz.org/Vzctl_for_upstream_kernel/ but no luck. Since this is an upstream kernel
> - not sure if there are any patches available for this? (I have been booting regular kernel).
>
> Can you please help me with setting this up? Also, did you patch your kernel? Were you able
> to enter the container or you just ssh to it instead?

Entering openvz container only works for patched kernel. But for patched kernel
there's still no criu support :( But openvz kernel guys are working on it.

Well, for openvz-related questions the devel at openvz.org is good place to start, but