[CRIU] Live migration of LXC containers using Criu?

Divjyot sethi dsethi at princeton.edu
Mon Apr 27 12:43:48 PDT 2015

Hey Pavel,
I have been trying to setup OpenVZ on fedora 20 as you had advised for the
past few days. I was able to create a container and start it. However, I am
unable to enter the container (gives error:

*Directory /proc/vz not found, assuming non-OpenVZ kernelenter into CT 1002
failedUnable to open pty: No such file or directory*).

I tried the instructions on *http://wiki.openvz.org/Container_enter_failed
<http://wiki.openvz.org/Container_enter_failed>*, and,
*https://openvz.org/Vzctl_for_upstream_kernel
<https://openvz.org/Vzctl_for_upstream_kernel>* but no luck. Since this is
an upstream kernel - not sure if there are any patches available for this?
(I have been booting regular kernel).

Can you please help me with setting this up? Also, did you patch your
kernel? Were you able to enter the container or you just ssh to it instead?

Finally, not sure if this question is apt for this mailing list? If not, is
there an alternate mailing list to which I can email?

Thanks for your help!
Divjyot