[CRIU] CRIU and systemd integration?

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Wed Apr 15 22:36:48 PDT 2015

I am interested if there have been any steps or discussion to get criu
(and especially process migration) integrated with systemd? Migrating
processes from one system to another works, depending on the process,
pretty good. Migrating a process under systemd's control might be
possible by just killing the process on the source side but it cannot
become a child process of systemd on the destination of the migration
without systemd knowing how to restore a process and thus making it a
child process of systemd (--restore-sibling).

So my question is has something already been implemented in this
direction? Has there been a discussion about this with the systemd
maintainers?

		Adrian