[CRIU] Standard stream is not terminal

Sanidhya Kashyap sanidhya.gatech at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 14:34:31 PDT 2014

> In oreder to understand better before providing any further advices,
> Sanidhya, could you please describe every single step in how you're
> using criu (iow the scripts you use to c/r process/services at startup
> and such). Every detail is important (which distro you're using, which
> kernel and etc).

Currently, I keep on switching between fedora and ubuntu as the distros
with multiple kernel versions ranging from 3.9 to 3.16.

Right now, I tested my script for the simple loop program. It has worked
and now, I will delve into different kinds of workloads like mongodb
server, Linux kernel compile, sysbench, parsec, SPECCPU 2006, cloudsuite
benchmark etc. for the testing purpose.

My script works like this:

- Checkpoint a process or multiple processes.
- do  a reboot
- then automatically restore the checkpointed processes at the startup
i.e. after reboot.

In order to automatically start the restore process using criu, I have
added a script which gets executed when I reboot the system, checks
whether it has to do the restore or not. If yes, then it restores
everything else nothing.

I know that all the kernel support for ciru is from 3.11, but still, I
want to see whether the things are working or not with lower kernel
versions.

Thanks,
Sanidhya