[CRIU] rewriting images via criu (or crit?)

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Thu Oct 23 09:36:29 PDT 2014

On 10/21/2014 04:58 PM, Tycho Andersen wrote:

>>> I totally agree with Cyrill.
>>>
>>> I like the syntax. Are you thinking about using crit like so:
>>> crit modify -i cgroup.img cgroup_entry.controllers["cpuset" in
>>> cnames]//properties[name="cpuset.cpus"] set value=0-1
>>> right?
>>
>> I guess so. Also I would consider introdusing more human-readable
>> syntax if possible, but that's optional, up to you and Tycho.
>
> Suggestions are welcome; I just picked this because xpath is the only
> language I could think of that has similar goals, so it might be
> something that people were familiar with.

I like the idea of xpath language, it seems to be suitable for images.

BTW, In criu images we have a feature that differs them from xml -- we
have arrays of similar messages in many files, e.g. in reg-files. What
if we want to edit paths only on entries, that match some criteria,
e.g. we moved /home/foo into /home/bar and want to s#/home/foo#/home/bar#,
but leave all the other paths (e.g. /etc/*) intact. Will we be able to
construct the xpath expression to address that?

Nonetheless, Ruslan, can you (after finishing with basic crit stuff) find
out whether there's standard python library for xpath and how fast/slow
it is? :)

Thanks,
Pavel