[CRIU] crtools error: "can't splice to pipe"

J F jgmb45 at gmail.com
Tue May 13 05:21:11 PDT 2014

> Unfortunately the file contains nothing usefull. The idea to kill a
> target process was bad. Could you apply the attached patch and repeat
> all actions again? Thank you for the help.
>
> > Are you still interested in a sample app that reproduces the issue? I was
> > thinking maybe trying the "Netbeans" Java IDE.
>
> Yes, we are. In this case we will not need to ask you to do smth and the
> bug will be fixed much faster.

1) I was able to reproduce the issue by trying to dump netbeans Java IDE.
You can download this Java app here:

http://download.netbeans.org/netbeans/8.0/final/bundles/netbeans-8.0-javase-linux.sh

Install locally.
Install OpenJDK 7 JDK
Try to dump pid.
I get the same "can't splice pages to pipe" error.

2)  The latest patch (v3) doesn't build. I get the following error when
doing "make". This doesn't happen with the previous patch.

make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/mydata/criu-patch-5-12/criu'
  LINK     criu
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file criu: Is a directory
make[1]: *** [criu] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/mydata/criu-patch-5-12/criu'
make: *** [all] Error 2