[CRIU] crtools error: "can't splice to pipe"

Andrew Vagin avagin at parallels.com
Tue May 13 02:53:29 PDT 2014

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 05:45:18PM -0400, J F wrote:
>     Could you start your java application again, execute this script and
>     wait error messages and then do following commands:
>
>     echo 0 > /tmp/debug/tracing/tracing_on &&
>     cat /tmp/debug/tracing/trace_pipe > /mnt/mydata/dump/trace.log || exit 1
>
>     and send trace.log to me
>

> Yes, the criu process exists when test.sh "hangs".
> At that moment, the target pid does not exist.
> I was able to get the trace.log file.
> I'm going to send you the file privately, it is quite large (4 megs).
> Is there a particular portion you are interested in seeing? That would avoid
> the large attachment.

Unfortunately the file contains nothing usefull. The idea to kill a
target process was bad. Could you apply the attached patch and repeat
all actions again? Thank you for the help.

> Are you still interested in a sample app that reproduces the issue? I was
> thinking maybe trying the "Netbeans" Java IDE.

Yes, we are. In this case we will not need to ask you to do smth and the
bug will be fixed much faster.

Maybe you can prepare a virtual machine (KVM) and instruction set how to
reproduce this bug.

Thanks,
Andrew