[CRIU] crtools error: "can't splice to pipe"

J F jgmb45 at gmail.com
Fri May 2 12:48:14 PDT 2014

> Hi JF, don't worry I didn't forget about this issue and working on it
> (we've
> holidays 'till May 5 so I likely won't be that available for a while).
> Still
> if you have an ability to grant me this testing application -- this would
> be just great! (you can contact me privately if this app is not for public
> access).

Hi Cyrill,

I was able to reproduce the same issue by trying to checkpoint dump
Eclipse, a free JVM based application that you can download. I get the same
"Can't splice pages to pipe" error. To download and install eclipse do the
following:

1) http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/?osType=linux&release=undefined
2) Download "Eclipse Standard  4.3.2" for Linux, it's a big file
3) uncompress and unzip
4) install openjdk java if not already there
5) Start a window manager, I'm using fvwm
6) sudo ./eclipse, you should see an IDE window appear
7) Try doing your dump on the eclipse process id