[CRIU] dedup and memory tracking

J F jgmb45 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 04:37:10 PDT 2014

I've been playing around with:

http://criu.org/Memory_changes_tracking
http://criu.org/Incremental_dumps

For my application (a Java app), a second incremental dump after several
seconds with auto dedup still results in a pretty big image page for the
second dump, over 4 megs, even if I don't change perform any interaction
with my application.

With any Java app, I'm sure there are background tasks occurring that can
change memory even without my explicit interaction, but I was still
surprised by the large image page size for an incremental dump with dedup
enabled.

I'm running ubuntu 14.04 with kernel 3.15 RC 6.

Before I investigate more, I am curious if this is expected and/or any
thoughts.

Thanks.