[CRIU] Installation Of CRIU

Cyrill Gorcunov gorcunov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 08:19:04 PDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 08, 2014 at 08:35:42PM +0530, Krishan Berwal wrote:
>    Dear sir,
>
>    i am using ubuntu so protobuf-c-devel package is available for fedora or
>    rpm world (if i am not wrong). i am using libprotobuf-c0-dev for deb env.
>    (http://code.google.com/p/protobuf/downloads/detail?name=protobuf-2.5.0.tar.bz2)
>
>    then directly try to download criu from installation page.
>
>    Suggestion me please if i am misleading somewhere else.

OK, so you've downloaded criu from criu.org, unpacked it into some
directory, say <criu>. Then you simply need to "cd criu" and type
"make" there. libprotobuf-c0-dev should be enough to compile criu.
Once compiled you'll find "criu" executable inside <criu> directory.
Then you either run it from there directly (ie inside <criu> directory)
or run "make install" to instal criu into system directory.

Note since I personally use fedora I can't help much with ubutnu.