[CRIU] install CRIU on Andriod

Ma, Kai ma.495 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Wed Apr 2 14:34:46 PDT 2014

Hi, guys,

I am trying to use cr-tools or CRIU to checkpoint some benchmarks (single thread CoreMark) on Android phone.

The kernel with android source is 3.4.0. As introduced on http://criu.org/Installation, CRIU is only supported by Linux v3.9+. However, when I "make menuconfig", I can find most of the  kernel tag except:
CONFIG_NETLINK_DIAG
CONFIG_MEM_SOFT_DIRTY

/*why General setup -> Checkpoint/restore support even exists on Android' 3.4.0 kernel? Does it mean I can get some ready-to-go user space tool to use this feature even on 3.4.0 kernel*/

Anyway, I proceed without those two tags. I can compile the kernel and Android image successfully. After reflashing my phone, everything works except that I do not have cr-tools and criu CML.

My question is: Is there any working version of CRIU for 3.4.0 kernel (not dependent on CONFIG_NETLINK_DIAG or CONFIG_MEM_SOFT_DIRTY)? Also, I do not need any of the advanced features like network connection checkpointing or periodic checkpoints, or  multi-thread apps or advanced data structure like protobuf,.

Best,