[CRIU] Questions in CRIU restore mechanism.

Chanho Park chanho61.park at samsusng.com
Fri Mar 29 04:35:34 EDT 2013

> Chanho, do you still experience the problem?
> If so, could you please send me your object pie/restorer.built-in.bin.o?
> Could you tell us what ARM platform you are using?

Hi Alexander,
I attached the object file. (I'm not sure you can read the file) We use exynos 4 series platform.
I tried to pick several patches from linux-cr.git tree instead of rebasing to the 3.9 tree.
As a result, there is no error except TCP_TIMESTAMP error when running "crtools check".

-sh-4.1# ./crtools check
(00.009777) Error (sk-tcp.c:693): Can't get TCP_TIMESTAMP: Protocol not available

Unfortunately, I've got same error when I tried to dump a process.
Finally, I decided to use the static build about crtools using gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf(gcc 4.7).
And then, it works!!! IMO, our build service based on gcc 4.5.3 had some unknown issue.

> You may also try to stop the restoration process with kill(0, SIGSTOP)
> before the macro JUMP_TO_RESTORER_BLOB in the file cr-restore.c and then
> attach to the stopped process with a debugger.

I have no time to try it :) If I can affort it, I'll try it.

Best regards,
Chanho Park