[CRIU] crtools error checkpoint/restore error ("Unable to open pstree.img")

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Tue Mar 26 14:26:49 EDT 2013

On 03/26/2013 10:21 PM, Kevin Wilson wrote:
> Hello,
> First of all, FYI, my tests up till now were performed with crtools
> 0.4; but from now on I will try with the latest git tree.

Good! You will most likely need the crtools kernel tree. It's the same
v3.9, but with several patches applied on top, that will appear upstream
in v3.10 merge window.

> 1)
>> Am I right, you tried to checkpoint an sshd, which served your connection?
> Yes. This indeed gave error in **checkpoint**. Then after reboot, I
> tried directly on the machine itself, and this time
> it worked. It could be that checpointing over sshd connection should
> work and this is considered a BUG. I will try to understand it more
> deeply.

OK.

> 2) adding -x for restore did not help. I have the same problem still
> and the same error as restore gave before (the error I posted)

This may indicate, that the peer of the socket you're trying to restore
doesn't exist. That's is why we put external unix sockets under option --
when using one, you must make sure, that the peer socket exists yourself,
crtools can't do it.

> 3)
>> BTW, have you applied two patches I've recently sent? If no, please do.
> I cloned the git tree about an  hour ago, and "git log" showed
> dump: Missing \n in pr_err message, from two hours ago, which means
> that the two last patches were not in the tree yet. I see now that
> they are in the tree.

Yes, I've applied them 20 minutes ago.

> Should I try  restore with -x with the new patches ?

Yes, they will provide more descriptive logging.

> Best,
> Kevin

Thanks,
Pavel