[CRIU] crtools error checkpoint/restore error ("Unable to open pstree.img")

Kevin Wilson wkevils at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 14:21:42 EDT 2013

Hello,
First of all, FYI, my tests up till now were performed with crtools
0.4; but from now on I will try with the latest git tree.

1)
> Am I right, you tried to checkpoint an sshd, which served your connection?
Yes. This indeed gave error in **checkpoint**. Then after reboot, I
tried directly on the machine itself, and this time
it worked. It could be that checpointing over sshd connection should
work and this is considered a BUG. I will try to understand it more
deeply.

2) adding -x for restore did not help. I have the same problem still
and the same error as restore gave before (the error I posted)

3)
> BTW, have you applied two patches I've recently sent? If no, please do.
I cloned the git tree about an  hour ago, and "git log" showed
dump: Missing \n in pr_err message, from two hours ago, which means
that the two last patches were not in the tree yet. I see now that
they are in the tree. Should I try  restore with -x with the new
patches ?

Best,
Kevin