[CRIU] About file lock

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Sat Sep 29 03:00:09 EDT 2012

> So I read the CRIU codes,and find that CRIU does not handle file locks.And I look up the TODO list on CRIU main page,do not find
> any solution or plan about file locks.

CRIU doesn't handle file locks, indeed.

> Is it unnecessary to handle the file locks? or an oversight? Thanks!

It's necessary to do it, but it's hard. You should somehow guarantee, that once you
terminated the processes you've dumped and the locks got dropped, this won't affect
anyone else. This can be more or less safely be achieved by assuming that all flock
users live in the same container and support flocks for this case only.