[CRIU] Simple live migration question

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Wed Oct 10 14:59:09 EDT 2012

On 10/10/2012 08:41 PM, hamza zia wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a simple question regarding live migration. Assuming a
> container has a pool of constantly connected tcp streams, are there
> any ip restrictions on what server I can migrate to without resetting
> those tcp connections?

No. Since container's IP address is migrated with it it doesn't matter
what's on the HN side.

The only tricky thing is how to make sure that intermediate network
routes/forwards packets via new HN. There are two options for OpenVZ
and LXC cases -- routed network to CT and bridged one.

In the former case you should manually (we'll have a script for that,
but now it's not ready yet) call the arpsend to update arp tables. In
the latter case bridges should catch up eventually themselves.