[CRIU] Simple live migration question

hamza zia ziahamza2007 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 12:41:09 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I have a simple question regarding live migration. Assuming a
container has a pool of constantly connected tcp streams, are there
any ip restrictions on what server I can migrate to without resetting
those tcp connections? Probably both servers need to have the same
public ip behind an NAT, are there any more restrictions as I am
confused on how the traffic would be routed to the server if the
private ip is different. I am new to openvz and hence totally
unfamiliar to live migration. I can understand the plumbings done by
CRIU to get the tcp connections back in the right state in kernel once
live migrated but not sure on what plumbings have to be done on the
outside to make a smooth workflow for not loosing any tcp traffic and
not resetting the tcp connection. I could set up a custom tcp proxy
server to manage the transition to a new private ip but not sure if
this is the right approach to this problem.

hamza