[Announce] Virtuozzo 7 unstable branch

Sergey Bronnikov sergeyb at openvz.org
Fri Sep 11 06:06:47 PDT 2015

Hello, everyone

in July 2015 we have released Virtuozzo 7 Technical Preview [1]
when we considered branch 7.0-Beta1 as stable.

Beside Beta1 we continue Virtuozzo development in another branch - 7.0-Beta2.
The main goal for next milestone is working virtual machines based on KVM
hypervisor. It is highly recommended to test this branch on some of your
servers as build from this branch will be stable some time later.

To bring Beta2 packages to installed Virtuozzo 7 instance you should install
package virtuozzo-release on your server and run 'yum update'.  Take a link to
package 'virtuozzo-release' in factory repository [2]. Don't forget to enable
factory YUM repository before update via yum.
Now installation of package with new release failed due to conflicts [3]
so probably you will need to use option "--force" on installation.

YUM repositories
================

Each Virtuozzo 7 installation instance has amount of YUM repositories:
- links to stable branch are in file virtuozzo.repo;
- links to unstable branch are in file factory.repo and disabled by default;

Links
=====
1. http://lists.openvz.org/pipermail/announce/2015-July/000617.html
2. http://download.openvz.org/virtuozzo/factory/x86_64/os/Packages/v/