[Announce] Kernel RHEL6 testing 042stab112.4

Sergey Bronnikov sergeyb at openvz.org
Thu Sep 10 06:00:31 PDT 2015

OpenVZ project released an updated RHEL6 based testing kernel.
Read below for more information.

Testing is highly required, it's our first unstable kernel after major rebase,
we're waiting for your bugreports. This kernel (or its successor) will appear
in rhel6 (stable) branch some time later.

Changes and Download
====================

* config: added some new config options from new RHEL6 kernel
* config: CONFIG_PSWAP is temporally disabled because of broken compilation
* performance degradation starting systemd-based containers (OVZ-6510)
* "/vz" partition hang (lkml "mm, vmscan: Do not wait for page writeback for GFP_NOFS") (PSBM-39335)
* WARNING: at drivers/block/ploop/io_direct_map.c:703 in __map_extent (PSBM-27672)

For downloads, see:
https://openvz.org/Download/kernel/rhel6-testing/042stab112.4

Bug reporting
Use http://bugs.openvz.org/ to report any bugs found.