[Users] New setup - deploy OpenVZ or wait for VZ7?
spameden at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 12:04:11 PDT 2016
2016-06-03 19:17 GMT+03:00 vladimir.porokhov at gmail.com <
vladimir.porokhov at gmail.com>:
> Hi Guys!
> We are going to release Virtuozzo 7 and OpenVZ 7 not later than this July.
> Thank you for your interest and stay tuned!
> Best regards,
> Vladimir Porokhov
Is it possible to build kernel packages/userspace utilities for debian
jessie as well ?
Right now there is only kernel/userspaces utilities for debian wheezy and
userspace only for debian jessie.
> On 03.06.16, 18:04, "Scott Dowdle" <users-bounces at openvz.org on behalf of
> dowdle at montanalinux.org> wrote:
> >----- Original Message -----
> >> we need to prepare a new setup composed of a few nodes (probably 5)
> >> for August this year.
> >> If I interpreted the wii page correctly, the next VZ7 release will be
> >> a stable one. As you can imagine, we're very tempted to wait for it
> >> instead of deploying on OpenVZ and then migrating everything some
> >> months later.
> >> The only problem is... we have no idea at all about the actual
> >> planned release date.
> >> Can anyone shed some light on this? Even knowing the quarter (say,
> >> Q3 vs Q4) would be of great help to us.
> >> (Disclaimer: I realise there are many factors involved, that
> >> stability comes at a price of a long(er) development time and I'm
> >> not asking for any commitment to an actual date. Just a few hints
> >> on 'how close we are' would be more than enough :-)
> >I don't know the answer... as a user and not a dev... but I would say
> deploy OpenVZ Legacy now... and when V7 goes GA... test it out... get to
> know it (or do that with the pre-releases)... and when you feel comfortable
> with it, migrate the containers from OL to V7... and then you can wipe your
> OL hosts and turn them into V7 hosts. You'd only really need one spare and
> then just cycle through them one by one... but I realize I've always
> operated at a very low scale and there are some really big scale operators
> out there.
> >In any event... who is ready to totally convert even on day one of a GA?
> Who even advises doing so even if it is convenient? I'm fairly confident
> that the transition from OL to V7 with container migration should be fairly
> smooth... even without live migration it shouldn't be too much trouble if
> planned for.
> >Scott Dowdle
> >704 Church Street
> >Belgrade, MT 59714
> >(406)388-0827 [home]
> >(406)994-3931 [work]
> >Users mailing list
> >Users at openvz.org
> Users mailing list
> Users at openvz.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Users