[Users] New setup - deploy OpenVZ or wait for VZ7?

Sergey Bronnikov sergeyb at openvz.org
Fri Jun 3 07:22:17 PDT 2016

Hi, Corrado!

On 15:40 Fri 03 Jun , Corrado Fiore wrote:
> Dear All,
> we need to prepare a new setup composed of a few nodes (probably 5) for August
> this year.

Good news :)

> If I interpreted the wii page correctly, the next VZ7 release will be a stable
> one. As you can imagine, we're very tempted to wait for it instead of deploying
> on OpenVZ and then migrating everything some months later.

Yes, we are very close to the final release of Virtuozzo 7.  We have released
all planned beta versions and our next public version will be RTM.

Right now engineers busy with final testing and bugfixing before release and we
publish each new Vz7 build on download.openvz.org
(https://download.openvz.org/virtuozzo/releases/7.0-rtm/x86_64/iso/). I highly
recommend to try published pre-RTM builds because one of them will be
final and we interested in fixing most of a bugs prior to release.

So the answer is: wait for final release and then deploy it instead of current
version of OpenVZ.

> The only problem is... we have no idea at all about the actual planned release date.

Unfortunately I cannot provide exact dates for the release.

> Can anyone shed some light on this?  Even knowing the quarter (say, Q3 vs Q4)
> would be of great help to us.
> (Disclaimer:  I realise there are many factors involved, that stability comes
> at a price of a long(er) development time and I'm not asking for any commitment
> to an actual date.  Just a few hints on 'how close we are' would be more than
> enough :-)
> Thanks a lot,
> Corrado Fiore
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> Users at openvz.org
> https://lists.openvz.org/mailman/listinfo/users

More information about the Users mailing list