[Users] New setup - deploy OpenVZ or wait for VZ7?

Corrado Fiore lists at corradofiore.it
Fri Jun 3 00:40:39 PDT 2016

Dear All,

we need to prepare a new setup composed of a few nodes (probably 5) for August this year.

If I interpreted the wii page correctly, the next VZ7 release will be a stable one.  As you can imagine, we're very tempted to wait for it instead of deploying on OpenVZ and then migrating everything some months later.

The only problem is... we have no idea at all about the actual planned release date.

Can anyone shed some light on this?  Even knowing the quarter (say, Q3 vs Q4) would be of great help to us.

(Disclaimer:  I realise there are many factors involved, that stability comes at a price of a long(er) development time and I'm not asking for any commitment to an actual date.  Just a few hints on 'how close we are' would be more than enough :-)

Thanks a lot,
Corrado Fiore

More information about the Users mailing list