[Users] Status of OVZ 8 & 9

jehan Procaccia jehan.procaccia at imtbs-tsp.eu
Fri Apr 12 18:35:17 MSK 2024

Hi

a year later ... I give a try to OVZ 9 from the latest ISO I could find
in  repo factory9 (right place ?) :

https://download.openvz.org/virtuozzo/factory9/x86_64/iso/openvz-iso-9.0.1-667.iso

but, still in dates from september 2023 ...

*25-Sep-2023 20:02 * 	*2.8G*

hopefully we'll get at least a Beta available before RHEL7 gets EOL,
June 2024 .

the ISO install well,/prlctl /package is still not there by default, I
had to install it manually (!?)

is it still unclear why we get a /deprecated /message when using /prlctl
(vz7) /command

/WARNING: You are using a deprecated CLI component that won't be
installed by default in the next major release. Please use virsh instead/

does /virsh /will replace /prlctl /in VZ9 ? I understand it for VMs, but
for CTs !?

but, still /prlctl/ package (/prlctl-9.0.2-1.vz9.x86_64)/ now installs
correctly (no more rpm pgp signature failure), but fails to run :

/# prlctl list
/

/prlctl: symbol lookup error:*prlctl: undefined symbol:
PrlVmCfg_SetNetfilterMode*/

It would be very helpfull for acadmic as us to get a up2date , even
Alpha release of OpenVZ9 , if you want the community to stay with
OpenVZ/Virtuozzo.

I know dozen of sysadmins around me that quit VMware to Proxmox ... We
have a short opportunity to let them give it a try to OpenVZ, but as 7
will EOM very soon and VZ9 is not testable, that's not very handy .

Lets us know what is the roadmap regarding OVZ9 .

Thanks .

jehan