[Users] Multicast issue with openvz VMs and CTs

jjs - mainphrame jjs at mainphrame.com
Mon Jan 9 22:12:41 MSK 2023

To clarify, the openvz guests can receive multicast traffic from the lan,
but they are unable to send multicast traffic to the lan. The multicast
packets are dropped on the way out, somewhere between the guest adapter and
the host bridge.

I'm not seeing any differences in sysctl settings between the ovz hosts and
the working hosts, so firewall rules are the likely culprit.

I'll continue to chip away at this as time allows and update with any
findings.

Jake