[Users] ovztransfer / quotacheck: Unknown quota format: vfsv1

HM 2K nfhm2k at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 23:18:15 MSK 2023

Hi there,

I'm migrating from OpenVZ 6 to OpenVZ 7 using the recommended script
(ovztransfer.sh) however I'm getting the following error when trying to
start the node on the new host:

# vzctl start 201 --wait
Starting Container ...
Mount image: /vz/private/201/root.hdd
Container is mounted
Setting permissions for image=/vz/private/201/root.hdd
Running quotacheck ...
quotacheck: Unknown quota format: vfsv1
Supported formats are:
  vfsold - original quota format
  vfsv0 - new quota format
  rpc - use RPC calls
  xfs - XFS quota format
Unmount image: /vz/private/201/root.hdd (190)
Container is unmounted
Failed to start the Container

The error message suggests that there is an issue with the quota settings
in the container's root filesystem. The specific error "quotacheck: Unknown
quota format: vfsv1" indicates that the system is trying to use the "vfsv1"
quota format, which is not supported.

I imagine I want to set vfsold somehow, but it's not clear how/where this
is achieved.