[Users] About MGLRU patches on OpenVZ kernel

Konstantin Khorenko khorenko at virtuozzo.com
Wed Sep 28 19:00:52 MSK 2022

On 28.09.2022 14:22, Paulo Coghi - Coghi IT wrote:
> Hello OpenVZ community and devs,
>
> I would like to know if the OpenVZ devs play a contributing role on RedHat kernels, because it would
> be beneficial to the OpenVZ kernel to backport the MGLRU patches (for example, backporting the patches
> on RedHat 9 kernel).
>
> On "server" usage scenarios, like PostgreSQL and RocksDB, it provided an average of 2x increase in
> performance, which is astonishing.
>
> https://www.phoronix.com/news/MGLRU-Reaches-mm-stable

Hi Paulo,

thank you for your suggestion, the performance results seems to be really good and
i agree, it makes sense to check the possibility of backporting this patchset.

i've created an Epic for that in internal jira https://jira.sw.ru/browse/PSBM-142472
Hope it will be synced soon to the public jira as well.

(And yes, surely we are talking here about backporting to Virtuozzo 9 kernel.)

--
Best regards,

Konstantin Khorenko,
Virtuozzo Linux Kernel Team