[Users] Status of OVZ 8 & 9

Maik Broemme Maik.Broemme at virtuozzo.com
Mon Dec 12 02:14:43 MSK 2022

Hi Jake,

Actually OpenVZ 7 will not be the last stable and free solution. Needless to say that 2022 was a tough year for all of us and in terms of releases not much happened yet after OpenVZ 9 Alpha release. But it was not the last one, believe me. 😊 There will be a Beta release in 2023 and also a RTM version of OpenVZ 9.

Moreover we will skip OpenVZ 8 completely as RHEL9 became RTM in May 2022 already and we want to move directly to latest upstream.

Maik Broemme | Senior Product Manager | Virtuozzo | maik.broemme at virtuozzo.com<mailto:maik.broemme at virtuozzo.com> | Skype: maikbroemme