[Users] vztop for virtuozzo7 and check ressources

Vasily Averin vvs at openvz.org
Fri Apr 8 08:45:38 MSK 2022

Dear Jehan,

Sorry for the long response.

On 4/1/22 00:27, jehan.procaccia at tem-tsp.eu wrote:
> Hello
>
> in older openvz, there was vztop from hypervizor to check which CT/VM usages
>
> I cannot find which package provides vztop in virtuozzo 7 , is it still available ?

On my test node vztop is an alias

[root at tom ~]# which vztop
alias vztop='htop -s CTID'
	/usr/bin/htop

[root at tom ~]# rpm -qf /usr/bin/htop
htop-2.2.0-1.vl7.1.x86_64
[root at tom ~]# rpm -ql htop-2.2.0-1.vl7.1.x86_64
/etc/profile.d/vztop.sh   <<<<<<< VvS: interesting....
/usr/bin/htop
/usr/share/applications/htop.desktop
/usr/share/doc/htop-2.2.0
/usr/share/doc/htop-2.2.0/AUTHORS
/usr/share/doc/htop-2.2.0/ChangeLog
/usr/share/doc/htop-2.2.0/README
/usr/share/licenses/htop-2.2.0
/usr/share/licenses/htop-2.2.0/COPYING
/usr/share/man/man1/htop.1.gz
/usr/share/pixmaps/htop.png

[root at tom ~]# cat /etc/profile.d/vztop.sh
# only if no alias is already set
alias vztop >/dev/null 2>&1 || alias vztop='htop -s CTID'

> is# cat /proc/user_beancounters  still the correct and recommended way to check inside a CT the different ressources counters ?

Yes, it still works correctly on vz7.
howevrer I'm not sure about upcoming vz9.

Also I would advise you to look at  Virtuozzo Hybrid Server 7.5 documentation
https://docs.virtuozzo.com/master/index.html
https://docs.virtuozzo.com/virtuozzo_hybrid_server_7_upgrade_guide/index.html
https://docs.virtuozzo.com/virtuozzo_hybrid_server_7_users_guide/managing-virtual-machines-and-containers/index.html

I hope it helps you.