[Users] Migrating containers from an OpenVZ 7 dedicated host to VzLinux 8 dedicated host

Paulo Coghi - Coghi IT paulocoghi at gmail.com
Wed May 26 13:13:55 MSK 2021

Hello OpenVZ community,

I am excited to test today our first dedicated server with VzLinux 8, and
it will be a pleasure to provide every feedback request by Virtuozzo.

I would like to ask if you consider it production ready, or at least on
"beta" level, and if it is possible to migrate containers which currently
reside on an OpenVZ 7 dedicated host to VzLinux 8 dedicated host.

Is it a misconception of mine, or VzLinux 8 acts as the OpenVZ 8 when
installed on dedicated servers, providing the functionality to create
OpenVZ containers?

Cordially,

Paulo Coghi