[Users] virtuozzo base OS and new centos 8 orientations

jehan Procaccia tem-tsp jehan.procaccia at tem-tsp.eu
Mon Jan 18 18:35:02 MSK 2021

Hello,
I received today from virtuozzo the roadmap for VZ8 which is promising
as a centos8 replacement :
https://www.virtuozzo.com/connect/details/blog/view/do-you-have-an-alternative-to-centos-virtuozzo-has-you-covered-with-vzlinux.html
while testing a new vz8 CT , I realized that there is such a EZ template
here:
https://download.openvz.org/virtuozzo/releases/openvz-7.0.15-628/x86_64/os/Packages/v/vzlinux-8-x86_64-ez-7.0.0-3.vz7.noarch.rpm

dating apparently from nearly 1 year now !?
18-Feb-2020 08:17 	18K

is this unrelated to the annoucement which is only related to
bareMetal/hypervisor vzlinux-8 ?

"/VzLinux 8 OS template for OpenVZ and Virtuozzo Hybrid Server is
available for evaluation in BETA quality and will be officially
announced as supported later this month./"

is this template  VZ8 EZ template a beta version ?, I can run it and
report problems if needed ...

is their already a conversion tool for a centos8 CT to a VZ8  ?

thanks .

Jehan .