[Users] virtuozzo base OS and new centos 8 orientations

Ian openvz_list at fishnet.co.uk
Thu Feb 11 15:01:04 MSK 2021

On 08/02/2021 15:35, Denis Silakov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we've published rough version of vzdeploy8 script that should eliminate
> problems with streams/modules mismatch that led to problems mentioned in
> the thread:
> http://repo-backend.virtuozzo.com/vzlinux/vzdeploy/vzdeploy8
> <http://repo-backend.virtuozzo.com/vzlinux/vzdeploy/vzdeploy8>
>
> Just download & launch inside CentOS 8, no additional steps required.
<Snip>

Hi,

I tried running this in a test CentOS 8 container but it tried to
install a kernel so I killed it.

Is this supposed to happen or is this script just for hardware nodes ?

Thanks for your help on this issue - I have a lot of containers to
migrate and run and forget script will be a great help.

Regards

Ian