[Users] OpenVZ and ebtables

Olivier Paul olivier.paul at telecom-sudparis.eu
Sun Oct 11 20:02:00 MSK 2020

Hi there,

I'm using some openvz containers as routers with multiple virtual interfaces. After investigating why they were not working properly, I realized ebtables rules were created every time the containers were started which prevented them from sending packets with IP addresses not matching their MAC addresses and thus blocking routed packets. When these rules are removed, routing works perfectly. Is there a way to disable the creation of these rules or maybe run a script automatically every time these specific containers are launched to remove them ?

Best regards,

OP