[Users] Is this mkswap message from OpenVZ?

Paulo Coghi - Coghi IT paulocoghi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 23:29:06 MSK 2020

If your MySQL is dying because of lack of memory, this is a sign that you
need to upgrade your RAM, adding at least 1GB more, not to add swap.

I understand the economical aspect, but today the price per GB of RAM is
cheaper than ever.

If your provider is charging too much for your budget, and price is your
first priority, you can find really cheap OpenVZ options here
https://lowendbox.com/tag/openvz/

There are providers offering servers per year and others with 5GB RAM
servers for $5/month.