[Users] Repairing a ploop image

Arjit Chaudhary arjit.c at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 23:12:16 MSK 2020

So the fix for this involves, scp the private folder + image
(root.hdd/hdds, DiskDescriptor.xml etc) to a OpenVZ 6 based node

Then running ploop balloon discard,
ploop balloon discard --automount /vz/private
/$CT/root.hdd/DiskDescriptor.xml

Then scp the image back to the OpenVZ 7 based node into a temporary folder
Recreate the CT, adjust the resources (disk etc)
mv the root.hdd/root.hdds file to overwrite the existing root.hdds file
that got created by the recreate step

so far so good.

--
Thanks,