[Users] openVZ 7 arguments

Jehan Procaccia jehan.procaccia at tem-tsp.eu
Tue May 28 22:58:34 MSK 2019

Hello,

we are having a long discussion on the french network operators group
(FRnOG) regarding virtualization

it was frustrating to see dozens of posts regarding proxmox, Xen,
openstack etc ... but none for openVZ .

so I recall the group about openvz, but for most of the audience, they
think it's a deprecated solution based on old kernels . So I took the
chance to update with recent echange on our mailing list by posting
this: https://www.mail-archive.com/frnog@frnog.org/msg53322.html

it's in french , but I guess you'll be able to traduct it if necessary .

anyway I redirect to
https://fr.slideshare.net/openvz/whats-missing-from-upstream-kernel-containers-kir-kolyshkin

regarding virtuozzo contribution to mainstream kernel and the reduction
of patches to enable openvz CT to run out of the mainstream kernel, do
you have more recent data ?

I also mentioned our
https://lists.openvz.org/pipermail/users/2019-April/007590.html .

If you have anymore arguments , I'll take them .

PS: https://wiki.openvz.org/Comparison seems to be up2date (last edited
January  2019) , but for line/feature "*Power Panel" *there's "none" in
proxmox, is the virtuozzo 7 that much different to the proxmox web GUI ?
**