[Users] Usage Statistics for OpenVZ 7

Denis Silakov dsilakov at virtuozzo.com
Fri May 24 18:28:04 MSK 2019

Usage Statistics for OpenVZ 7

Hi all,

As most of you probably know, OpenVZ 7 sends some statistics to stats7.openvz.org to get developers know how the product is used (one can turn this statistics on/off by enabling/disabling disp-helper service).

For legacy OpenVZ versions, these data is visualized at https://stats.openvz.org/.

It took us some time to prepare a public site where everyone can observe anonimized statistics of OpenVZ 7 usage, since data collection process has been merged with commercial Virtuozzo 7 which is completely different from OpenVZ 6. But finally, we have launched it:

http://stats7-web.openvz.org/

Feel free to browse and provide feedback.

In particular, let us know if you think that some data is sensitive and should be dropped.

For those interested in source code, data collection scripts are located here:
https://src.openvz.org/projects/OVZ/repos/disp-helper/browse

Patches are welcome. If it is not clear how disp-helper works - we are ready to provide detailed description (and likely add it to the git:))

Note that not all of the data collected by disp-helper is visualized on the site. We will add more info as times goes by, but if you want to get some information visualized in the first place - let us know, we will consider prioritizing your wishes.

--
Regards,
Denis.